Sunday, January 20, 2013

My First Trip to a Bookstore This Year



It is an exciting day...I have a planned outing with a friend to Barnes & Nobles to spend a $25 gift card that I received as remuneration for a presentation I gave last summer. I also have a coupon for 15 percent off my highest priced purchase and a bonus: buy one cookie get one free. (I will give my friend the free cookie.)

This will be my first trip to a bookstore this year...all 20 days of it.  I haven't even bought anything online. I have been looking at my TBR list to see if there is anything on it that I might want to own. Angela Thirkell? Sylvia Townsend Warner? Colette?

Then there are DVDs.  I have my eye on the Jeeves & Wooster complete series with Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry. But what about Cranford with Judi Dench?

Sigh.

Most likely, I will end up with another blank journal book and a box of note cards...neither of which I need but that seems to be my modus operandi when overwhelmed.

It seems odd to plan to go to a bookstore. After all, I worked in one for a couple of years, but B&N is way out of my neighborhood and not someplace that I just 'drop in to.' (Note to self: Pack a snack for the trip.)

Anyway, I am as giddy as a drunken chicken at the prospect of books and cookies and me all in one place.

No comments:

Post a Comment