Thursday, March 22, 2012

My Friend Flicker


Yesterday I took my laptop to the repair guy because the screen kept flickering. Annoying. I figured the screen was going out. Of course, just like when you take your car to the mechanic to investigate the rattling noise and all is quiet, or you take yourself to the doctor because you are not feeling well and immediately feel better as you sit in the waiting room, the flicker refused to flick. I left the computer with him as he said he would check for viruses and updates and maybe it would start its jumping jacks.

It never did. I picked it up today and he said the screen stayed motionless. OK. I brought it home, hooked it up and of course it started to flicker.

I turned it off and turned my mind to what the problem could be. Over a slice of 2-day-old pizza I decided maybe my Internet connection was loose. I approached the U-verse box with caution and wiggled the two wires. I turned on the computer. No flicker. Sigh. I hope it is fixed. The box must have gotten jiggled when my housekeeper swept the floor.

Darn. There is still a bit of a flicker. Oh dear. And here I thought I had solved the problem. So now I have disabled the wireless connection to see if that will stop the jumping about.

I was disappointed that I didn't get to post yesterday. I did try to post via my Nook Color, but I could only get a keyboard on the screen to type the headline. When I tried to write text, the keyboard disappeared.

Another disappointment is that my faithful DVD store does not have a copy of Under the Tuscan Sun. Neither does my library. I have a shout out to friends in case someone has the movie on her DVD shelf.

Have begun Bella Tuscany and am just as immersed in Italian life as I was with Under the Tuscan Sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment