Friday, March 16, 2012

A small book-buying spree



On Monday, I decided I must have the 1958 movie Bell, Book and Candle since that is what I based the name of this blog on except the Bell becomes Belle. For me.

It is a fun movie with Kim Novak and Jimmy Stewart. How can you go wrong? Novak is a witchy woman and Stewart plays her neighbor. I saw it so long ago that I don't remember much more than that except she has a Siamese cat named Pyewacket. Her familiar. I wasn't sure if it was even on DVD, and yet, sure enough, Amazon had it for less than $10.

I looked to see if perhaps there was a book by the same title -  there is not - but I did find this: Bell, Book and Candle A Comedy in Three Acts by John van Druten and John van Druten. It is also for sale on Amazon for about the same price as the DVD. I didn't buy the play. Yet.

Of course, adding the DVD to my cart brought up the other books that I had saved there just waiting to be ordered. So by adding Paris Was Ours by Penelope Rowlands and Duplicate Death another mystery by Georgette Heyer, my order was eligible for free shipping. I hate to pay shipping fees, don't you?

The Paris book is a collection of 32 personal essays by writers who were seduced by the City of Lights. Two are of special interest to my book loving self: "My Literary Paris" by Lily Tuck and "My Bookstore High" by Jeremy Mercer.  I just can't seem to stay away from Paris.

The estimated delivery date is Monday, March 19. Oh goody.

No comments:

Post a Comment