Monday, January 23, 2012

Stash from the Stacks



Two recent trips to the library netted a world of good finds:
Slash and Burn by Colin Cotterill: This is his latest in the Dr. Siri mysteries which take place in Laos.
Millions by Frank Cottrell Boyce: The action here is in Wales and is by the author of Framed.
Mrs. Daffodil by Gladys Taber: My beloved. Takes place in New England.
Cannery Row by John Steinbeck: Set in Monterey, California. Been there. Got the picture.

And for my watercolorist self I discovered Artist's Journal Workshop: creating your life in words and pictures by Cathy Johnson. I am always looking for different ways to capture my life.

I think these will keep me busy for a while.

I did finish Appointment with Death by Agatha Chistie. Inspired me to look up images of Petra, a city cut into the rocks in Jordan. That is where the murder took place. The book ended, not as in T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men with a whimper, but with a bang.

No comments:

Post a Comment