Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Stash at the Library






I definitely need to get to the library today. I have two books on hold (why do they all seem to become available at the same time?) and the DVD of the HBO miniseries John Adams that is overdue and costing me the huge sum of twenty-five cents a day in fines! 

The first book waiting for me is The Seventh Sinner by Elizabeth Peters, author of the Amelia Peabody series about the 19th century archaeologist and detective.  In this new-to-me series, the amateur sleuth is Jacqueline Kirby, former librarian turned best-selling author. The action in this one takes place in twentieth century Rome. 

The second book on hold is The Real Jane Austen: A Life in Small Things by Paula Byrne that I am looking forward to reading...this being the year of Our Jane and all.

I also have a copy of Killer in Crinolines by Duffy Brown that I picked up last week. I met Ms. Brown at the Kentucky Book Fair last November when I bought her pleasant mystery Iced Chiffon. This book continues the sleuthing adventures of Reagan Summerside in Savannah.

I'm off!

2 comments:

  1. Have fun at the library! I have a dvd waiting for me, which I'm not going to pick up until I finish the one I already have, hopefully tonight.I have several Jane Austen books checked out, including the one you mention. I haven't started that one yet, but I'm enjoying A Jane Austen Education and All Roads Lead to Jane. I'm going to do a round-up post on Miss Austen soon and am having a ball doing the research.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little disheartened to find that 'The Real Jane Austen' runs to almost 330 pages of text plus assorted notes, indexes, etc. I hope I can get through it before it is due back to the library! There are some lovely photos, though, of Jane's 'small things'.

      I will look forward to reading your wrap-up on Our Jane.

      Delete