Tuesday, January 10, 2012

More mystery


The action is racing along in "Whim". There has been another murder. This time the victim is John, the stray dog that makes her home at the resort. Will Mair find out who the murderer is? She has hired a private dectective and claims she only wants to know the poisoner's name so she can forgive him or her.

Hmmm. This doesn't sound like Mair. I think she is out for revenge.

The plot thickens.

Also reading a book on my Nook Color. I am not one to buy books to read on the e-reader but I have downloaded quite a few free classics. This one though, A Lighthearted Quest by British author Ann Bridge (1889-1974), was recommended on another book blog...I can't remember which one...and the Nook copy was only $7.19. What had I to lose?

Absolutly nothing! The heroine, Julia, is a journalist and is asked by a family friend to find a cousin who has disappeared in Morocco. It is quite descriptive of that area of the world and Julia is truly one who thinks on her feet. This is the first of the Julia Probyn adventures and I am sure I will be seeing more of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment