Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happiness in the Snow


Killed off "Killed at the Whim of a Hat." All three mysteries got solved. Of the almost 400 pages - don't be daunted, it flies along - I am not sure how many actually concerned the mysteries. There were many rambling little anecdotes which is fine because Cotterill is quite a funny writer. And his characters are a hoot. I wish I was someone who marked in books - I Am Not - because then I could share with you some of his lines. You will just have to discover them yourself.

We had our first snow. Well, let me just say it snowed. And then it stopped. But the temperature dropped 20 degrees in three hours. So of course I had to swerve by the library and see what I could find to keep me warm.

I have many books on my shelves, and I don't know about you, but I like to keep them in reserve just in case I should get snowed in for a month (not gonna happen...I live in the South, but still...). And then there is always the Nook.

The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin was on hold for me and I found a book on drawing with colored pencils...a nice fireside activity. I browsed around the new mysteries but didn't find anything that piqued my interest.

I checked out the Rubin book and on my way out I spotted the drawing book on display and went back to the desk. I told the librarian, "I promise I will leave now." He said, "Take your time. Browse. It's all free."

I agreed with a laugh. It's all free. I love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment