Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Happiness Project



I don't know what has taken me so long to get this book. I have followed Gretchen Rubin's blog "The Happiness Project" for some time now. I almost bought the book a couple of times but something stopped me. I guess I just wasn't in the market for a project.

But here it is, the beginning of a new year, and I see by skimming the table of contents that Rubin has a different happiness goal for each month. January's goal is Boost Energy with five actions to incorporate to achieve that: go to sleep earlier; exercise better; toss, restore, organize; tackle a nagging task; and, act more energetic.

I think my five things would be: Quit eating processed snacks; walk; go to sleep earlier (which I have been doing even before getting this book); continue yoga in the mornings; and, do it now.

I have only read the Getting Started chapter. I like her ideas already. One does not have to be depressed to want to be happy. Her thesis is that it is possible to make ourselves happier. She adopts the definition of happiness as "I know it when I see it."

I am looking forward to seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment