Saturday, January 21, 2012

Mrs. Daffodil Arrives

The daffodil is definitely my favorite Spring flower. So how can I go wrong reading a book titled Mrs. Daffodil? And to add to the pleasure of the name, said book is written by Gladys Taber of the Stillmeadow Calendar that I adored. She was my pick as the author I was so happy to discover in 2011.

Anyway, I first read about Mrs. Daffodil on Frisbee A Book Journal's blog. (I wish I knew how to insert the link to this woman's delightful reading adventures but I am just figuring out about inserting photos. I will need to work on that a bit.)

She wrote so tellingly of the book and the author that because my public library didn't have a copy, nor did the university library in my town, and it is no longer in print, I gathered up my skirts and e-mailed Frisbee and asked if I could borrow Mrs. D from her. I promised that I was very trustworthy and offered to send her my copy of The Egg and I to hold as ransom. Unfortunately, she didn't own the book so I went back to the library to see if it could be found in another system.

Today it arrived from the Hutchins Library at Berea College in Berea, Ky. I am so looking forward to settling in tomorrow, a rainy Sunday, and getting acquainted with Mrs. D.

No comments:

Post a Comment