Friday, March 2, 2012

March is still blowing in big time


The sky is darkening and the winds are acomin' according to weather reports. I don't pay much attention to reports because they are always: 'if' this happens, then that 'could' happen and then nothing does happen. But today, the weather gurus must be serious. Schools have let out early. There have been tornados west of here. So I thought I had better post here in case the 'ifs and the coulds' do occur.

I am going to curl up with The Story of Charlotte's Web and let myself be carried away from threatening skies to the world of E.B. White.

What are some books that feature dangerous weather? The first one I think of is The Wizard of Oz with its tornado that transports Dorothy and Toto to the Yellow Brick Road.

Then there is The Perfect Storm by Sebastian Junger about the crew of the fishing boat Andrea Gail and that one last fishing trip.

For such a rainy day as this, how about Rain by Somerset Maugham or The Rains Came by Louis Bromfield.

Can you think of any others?

No comments:

Post a Comment