Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Be My Valentine, Beverley Nichols


As this is Valentine's Day and I got a 14-percent-off-your-total-order offer from Powell's Bookstore in Portland, Oregon, I decided to treat myself to something better than chocolate: three books.

Although you would never catch me touching dirt, I do love reading books about people who do. And although I have read all three of Beverley Nichols's books regaling the reader with his efforts to restore his Georgian manor house and its gardens, I wanted them for my own. Powell's had them all, in hardcover. Two used and one new. So without ever leaving my chair, I have set in motion the order fillers at Powell's and soon the trilogy will be here: Merry HallLaughter on the Stairs, and Sunshine on the Lawn.

Just in time for Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment