Wednesday, February 15, 2012

And so to bed...with the Nook


As sometimes happens, I find myself oddly restive after finishing one book and looking to start another. Last night was one of those nights. I had finished Envious Casca by Georgette Heyer the night before. I wandered down the hallway to bed but turned around to find a book to take with me. I studied the bookshelves.  During the day I like to read non-fiction, but in bed at night it is almost always a mystery to be found open on my stomach.

I hemmed...I hawed....I pulled out Queen of Kentucky, a book I bought a few weeks ago. I carried it with me and set it on the nightstand. By the time I had brushed my teeth and flossed I knew that it was going back on the shelf. I wasn't in the mood.

I studied the shelves again. Then remembered the Nook. Hurray, I have mysteries loaded on it! So I tracked it down, it was sitting on my desk, and lo and behold the battery was dead. Sigh.

So I plugged it in to charge and worked on a crossword puzzle. The Nook will let you read and charge at the same time but not if the battery is totally empty. So I gave it 15 minutes or so and picked up where I left off in A Lighthearted Quest.

It had been a while since I had read any of it and I spent a bit of time trying to figure out what was going on. I finally gave up and turned out the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment