Sunday, January 13, 2013

Two e-books from the Library

Oh dear. Not only did I pick up three books of essays at the library yesterday, all of a sudden I now have two reserved e-books ready to download from its collection:




Things That Are by Amy Leach which I read about on Cornflower's lovely blog (here). It is a collection of essays on the Universe from "the tiniest Earth dwellers to far-flung celestial bodies." I love stuff like this. 




More Baths Less Talking by Nick Hornby, a collection of his columns in the Believer, which I read about on Kat's entertaining blog, Frisbee. (She has abandoned that one and now writes at mirabile dictu.) Kat wrote: "At the beginning of each month he lists the 'books bought' in one column, and the 'books read' in another -- and they rarely coincide." She guarantees a laugh or two which I cannot resist and I am looking forward to reading my first book by Mr. Hornby.

No comments:

Post a Comment