Friday, August 31, 2012

August Recap and a London Dilemma

Books read: fourteen

Books still reading: one - One Man's Meat by E.B. White

Books reread from my List of 10 - five

Books returned to the library unread: none


I am at a loss as to how to approach my September reading. In honor of the Queen's Jubilee, I was going to spend it reading London: The Biography by Peter Ackroyd. I have had the hardcover edition for years (it was published in 2000). I just pulled it off the shelf and see that it contains 79 chapters and 760 pages not including the index and a 13-page Essay on Sources. Whew. That may be the reason I have not started on it.

Do I want to spend an entire month reading one book? Even a book that I apparently paid $45 for?

Well, since I have it at hand there is no harm in beginning it. Be prepared for reports.



No comments:

Post a Comment