Friday, July 20, 2012

Louis Le Francais restaurant



I have had another lovely Frenchy day. I began with a cup of coffee and the first chapters of The Three Musketeers by Alexander Dumas. I have had it on my Nook for quite a while and I am determined to read it before Paris in July is over. That gives me eleven more days. The Nook copy comes in at 672 pages. I am on page 72...so let's see that means I must read about 60 pages a day.

I am surprised at how funny it is. And easy to read. I have watched three of the Musketeer movies this year and now it is time to read the real story.

I also had lunch at a fairly new French restaurant, Louis le Français. When I walked in I was greeted with, "Bonjour!" It turns out the owner really is French and his cousin, Arzelie, is here from Paris to work in the restaurant. She was delightful and perfectly French - slim, black dress, hair swooped up with a beaded clip. So elegant and simple.

The restaurant is located in an historic building and its decor is delightful. Yellow and blue walls, wooden floors, and a blue ceiling filled with white fluffy clouds. The blue chairs are right out of a Parisienne cafe and white tablecloths cover the tables. When we left the chef, Louis, and his sous-chefs were sitting down to a feast of their own.

My friend and I both ate the salade verte and Bouchée à la Reine (puff pastry, chicken, mushrooms, onions, cream sauce).

Très bon.


No comments:

Post a Comment