Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Un petit album photo

I spent a week in Paris in September 2010 and then went off to spend a week in Florence and a week in Tuscany, Italy.

Since I am still not quite ready to hit the streets of Paris with my July reading, I thought I would post a few of my photos of the City of Light.

Courtyard of Hotel de Varenne
7th Arrondisement
I loved this hotel. The courtyard was a quiet place to rest after a day of sightseeing.

In the mornings I would enjoy a second cup of coffee at this courtyard table before hitting the streets. The hotel is in a very quiet neighborhood near embassies, the French National Assembly, and government ministries.



Believe it or not, this was the view from my hotel room. My own very own La Tour Eiffel. Every night at 9 of the clock, the tower lit up with a fantastic light show. It glimmered and glittered before wishing me bonne nuit.


This guy, The Thinker by Auguste Rodin, lived just up the street from my hotel. The Musée Rodin is one of my favorite places in Paris. For one euro, I could wander the gardens, rest by the pond, enjoy the roses blooming, and appreciate the creativity of one of my favorite sculptors.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely photos! What a great view from your hotel too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonjour Kelly. I was so pleased with my week at the Hotel de Varenne. I requested just a single room but because I was staying the entire week, the manager put me in "a larger room' because she thought I would be more comfortable. When she opened the windows and I saw the Eiffel Tower I couldn't believe my good fortune!

      Delete
  2. What an absolutely amazing view from your hotel room! I love the Musee Rodin too. Such a beautiful place to be, I'll certainly be going back there on my next Paris visit. Walking is definitely the best way to get around.

    ReplyDelete